spray my MTE vans
those shoes are reflective but you don’t see it by day
the flash of the iPhone, shows the reflective properties of the spray
you can have fun and spray on a stencil to create shape when lit
Running or walking at night is dangerous, the road are not always well lit and we are invisible to the cars because of the dark colors we are wearing.
I’m not fan of the yellow reflective safety vest because it’s not really a fashion item (doesn’t match my style) …
I found something better … something invisible by day and that makes me visible by night … thanks to the Albedo 100 reflective spray.
How does it work?
- Shake well the spray can
- Start spraying your clothes, shoes, backpack, …
Invisible by day, the reflective particles will be revealed by the lights of the cars!
Wash your clothes and the spray will disappear, then spray again.
I ordered my spray can on Amazon.
My first spray was for my shoes and black backpack.
I cut a carton in the shape of a flamingo of and sprayed it on my black backpack. Not really happy of the result, it’s not invisible on the black textile … maybe I sprayed too close or over sprayed … I will try again.
Then I sprayed my brand new kicks from Vans. Pretty cool and like promised invisible by day and reflective when lit. I wore them during a snow storm in NYC, walking in the snow and it’s still reflective!!
This is fun, and really answers a need for road safety when you walk, run, bike or skate at night.
PS: did you know they also even invented a spray for your favorite pet!!!
It’s that period of the year again when you give “discrete” hints to close ones about what you would like under the Christmas tree … So mom, please pick the hints …
1. the legendary hoodie by American Giant
2. eat sushi with chopsticks made of recycled skateboards
3. the bag in a bag
3. the book that will light your nights
4. the swiss knife of the bracelets
5. your very own old skool Van’s
6. I don’t play tennis, I skate, paint me!
7. let’s rescue a dog from the shelter
1. The best hoodie ever! Made in America by American Giant … for the chilly nights in Miami, $89
2. I eat sushis almost everyday, so I need chopsticks made with … recycled skateboards, $25
3. The brand new pocketable backpack “Azimut Pack” … technical and versatile … is so for me, from Triple Aught Design, $120
4. I need a bedside lamp but no any lamp … the very bright and design portable Lumio light I saw at the Moma NYC will be perfect, $190
5. I’m always lost without a Philippe screwdriver, a cutting hook or a SIM card pick … it’s a bracelet! The “Thread” bracelet is the first wearable multi-tool by Leatherman, $165
6. To improve my skateboarding skills, I think that custom Vans will help … $90 for the Old Skool with suede.
7. I would fancy a painting of myself skating by artist Le Closier to hang above the chimney
8. I would like a furry friend … a dog from the shelter Urgent Dogs Of Miami
Have a wonderful Christmas or Hanukkah!!
rainy days in Paris
waterproof notebook & spacepen
waterproof iPhone cover
It’s raining cats and dogs in Paris for the past week … They even cancelled a tennis day at Roland Garros (1st time in the past 16 years …).
You want to be prepared for the rainy season? Here’s the list of my everyday carry rain gears:
PS: you may user all of the above also if the sun is shining
I need a bag, an everyday carry where I can store
- my external batteries for the iphone,
- my iPad,
- my Beats headphones,
- my kleankanteen bottle,
- some dry fruits and nuts, and jerky,
- some cables,
- a jacket (it’s cold with AC).
Also, it needs to be rugged to survive me, the sunny weather in Florida, the cold winter in NY and small enough to classify as a “handbag” when I fly away.
I want it to be technical with an easy access to my stuff, to be versatile and comfortable when I’m walking in the metro or longboarding downtown. Also I want to be able to customise it depending on what I’m up to (work day, travel day, lazy day…).
Many brands and models are out there, so it’s not an easy choice.
I like the Victorinox bags, the North Face ones, the Goruck, … and after lots of hesitations, I picked the Fast Pack lightspeed by Triple Aught Design… Let’s call it simply the new generation of everyday carry.
I ordered it on Triple Aught Design website and waited patiently to get it home.
It’s designed for military uses and missions, nothing different than our daily life … Maybe less dangerous though …
More news about my brand new backpack after some tests …