I met Pete, not any Pete, THE Pete.
Pete is the CEO and founder of the Californian skateboards brand called Hamboards!
On a cloudy Saturday, I decided to drive my rental car to Huntington Beach. Huntington Beach is not just any beach, it’s also called Surf City and it’s also the cradle of the landsurfing invented by the Hamborg family.
So I drove the one hour trip on south 405 … When I arrived I was stunned because the Hamboards shop is only opened by appointment during the week-ends … Oops …
Too bad, so I drove back to Huntington Beach to check on the beach life …
I was watching the crowd walking the boardwalk when suddenly coming from nowhere I saw Pete! Pete was casually landsurfing on a biiiig board with his land padel! I jumped on my feet and tried to chase him …
I ran, I lost Pete, I ran and out of breath I said “Hi Pete, I’m Julie from Paris” … I looked like a stalker … Scary …
Pete stopped, I caught my breath and we started to talk boards and ended up testing his brand new board!
Then we decided to meet at the Hamboards shop after I ate a pulled pork sandwich at the Duke’s (another must see in Huntington Beach).
The full belly and after a little tour on the Pier, I was ready to meet Pete and test some boards …
Let’s go back to Hamboards HQ!!!
For the record, I already have 2 Hamboards boards:
- The tiny Biscuit, great for traveling (it’s fits in my luggage) and for boarding in style downtown Paris, NY, Melbourne, … I love this board as its funny, aggressive and you still have the feeling and moves of the surfboard (without the sharks and the cold water) or snowboard (without the snow and freezing temperatures).
- Then, I wanted to experience a longboard and I got the taller Huntington Hop, safe, fast and great for long rides.
I wanted to pitch the idea to Pete of having the best of both worlds with the fun and aggressivity of the Biscuit and the pleasant rides on the Hop.
In a matter of second I was on a Pescadito, riding the cement with Pete!!! LOVE it!
The Pescadito is as tall as my Hop, it’s also great for pumping, for long rides and easy to bring in the bus or in the metro … I’m in!
After some discussion with Pete, we decided to customise it and add bigger wheels so I chose the model with the holes in the boards. We agreed on the colors and I left … without my board … Pete has to work on it …
After 7 days, Pete texted me. My Pescadito was ready to be shipped from Huntington Beach to Miami.
Waiting impatiently for my new board, my Pescadito by Hamboards!
To be continued …
- Hamboards official website
- Follow Hamboards twitter account
- Like Hamboards Facebook Page
- Like Hamboards pictures on Instagram
Thanks to THE Pete, Donnie, Andre and MrT!