It seemed far to me and my calves but I wasn’t sure. I decided then to download the free app RunKeeper and dropped the phone in the pocket of my bermuda. I tied my Shine tracker on my shoes laces and hopped on my board surfing the cement asKelly Slatter on the waves (I’m day-dreaming a bit …).
The objective was to compare the results from RunKeeper with my Shine and see which one was the more accurate.
The RunKeeper app is a great app and gives you the basics:
- your run/skate cruise on the map
- it makes a great impression on colleagues and friends,
- it give you your average speed,
- and a woman’s voice covers up the music and gives you useful infos every 5 minutes (speed, km or miles).
The Shine can be worn as a wristband or tied to my shoes on its clip (I decided to try both).
- Tied on the shoes the Shine is more accurate as I push with my foot,
- My activity was categorised as “pretty active” during 1,1 hour for a total of 976 points. While worn on the wrist, I was “pretty active” for 29 minutes and “kind of active” for 22 minutes which earned me a global 123 points.
My Shine is nowhere near the truth …
More infos on
- Shine by Misfit
- Biscuit by Hamboards
- Download the free RunKeeper app, it works too if you walk, workout 😉