The power is at the end of the cable!

3 Feb

Power meter by Power PotSometimes when you charge you phone it takes like for ages to have a full battery.
Ever wonder why ?
Because the plug you are using is not 100% effective, and as, if like me you are not electrician, you don’t see it by simply looking at the plug.

We need help to optimise our device charging!

Great news, I found the ultimate product that will help all of us: the Practical Meter!

imageBasicaly, what you have to do is
. put your plug in the wall
. insert the USB-like Practical Meter
. and finally plug your charging cable.
Then, the Practical Meter starts measuring power from 1 to 10 watts (just check how many of its 5 lights are blinking).
You can even hook it up to a portable solar panel to appreciate the efficiency of the placement vs the sun, clouds and shadow.

The Practical Meter is a great invention to help you maximise your time and your charging.image
Use it on a USB plug, USB computer port, … And you will know how long it will take to charge your device.

PS: one drawback that is not really one, but I would have liked have it as a keyring (as I’m scared to loose it).

More infos
. The Power Meter page on Powerpot

7 Responses to “The power is at the end of the cable!”

1. andy1076 February 3, 2014 at 7:14 PM #

mmmm I’ll have to see if it has a mini USB or multi adapter attachments

• chaseitorbchased February 3, 2014 at 7:19 PM #

It works with whatever cable, you just need a USB at one end of the cable

• andy1076 February 3, 2014 at 7:42 PM #

mmmm! I’ll take a peek 😀

• chaseitorbchased February 3, 2014 at 7:47 PM #

I will put some pictures online tomorrow on my twitter to show you how I use it 😉

• andy1076 February 3, 2014 at 8:42 PM #

I’ll be watching for it! 🙂

2. viveka February 4, 2014 at 4:12 PM #

Never neat – my phone charge in less than 15 min.

3. Kristi Kirk May 29, 2014 at 5:21 PM #

Finally! One of those nagging-questions-you-think-will-always-be-a-mystery… answered! This entire blog is real *find* actually. (If anyone needs me I’ll be catching up on everything I’ve missed on Chase It Or B Chased!!!)