Your ears, Yurbuds!

14 Oct

imageI use my iPhone and iPad 24/7, to listen to @WRMF, watch TV shows, watch tennis matches on TennisLive and also to FaceTime, Skype and call.

I don’t like to have the phone near my head because it’s warming up, I hate having one hand busy with the phone and not being able to take notes on my phone while talking, …

That’s why I’m always using headsets.

My preference goes to the iPhone headset I received with the phone but lately we moved to a landscape office and I needed to take the “earphones files” seriously and upgrade.
Many choices were possible: stick to the iPhone earphones, or explore what’s out there.

Let’s explore together.

There are 3 types of earphones out there: around the ears, inside the ears or the regular headsets covering the ears.

SB_10_BlkGold copy  product-template_5_66  marshall-major-headphones

The key specs for me are the following
. Comfortable to wear all day long (I need a great bud bit in my ear)
. Fit for bad weather or sports
. Great to listen to music or to talk on the phone for hours (I need a mic)
. Easy/light to carry with me all day long (so no regular headsets for me)

At the end of my benchmark, 2 headsets passed my personal cut: the Beats Tour by Dre (149,99$) and the Yurbuds Iron Man edition for woman (59,99$).

41754et2012101827_1376726658 yurbuds-ironman-inspire-pro-headphones_49440_600x450

The pros for the Beats Tour by Dre: small buds, light, flat red wire, easy to tight around your iPhone when not listening to music, sleek and stylish but …
The Beats are expensive and I don’t like inner headphones and also you don’t hear the noise around you and this can be dangerous while running or simply walking downtown as you are cut from the traffic.

Consequently, I decided to skip the Beats to turn myself to the Yurbuds which passed the final cut because
. the buds are extremely comfortable to wear all day long,
. they are light, made of silicon (don’t hurt my ears)
. and exist in 4 different colors
. the buds are sweat and water resistant
. they are ment to never fall out! Just insert them in your ear, twist and lock, they will not fall out where you are running, doing exercises …
Be aware that the buds for men and women have different shapes to respect the ear shape

image image image

The model I chose has a dry mic with controls (volume up, volume down, start/stop the music, answer/hang-up phone calls, advance to next song, go back to beginning of the song).image

The cable is a little bit longer than the standard iPhone one, the extra 3 inches are not really necessary for me)
. The jack is thin and will fit cases like Rockform ones, this is definitively a plus. The Y-shape dry mic is placed a little bit far from the mouth but this can easily be fixed with the clip for the cable provided
. Yurbuds headphones also come with an extra pair of silicon buds to perfectly for your inner ear (small and bigger size)
. In the box, I received a little read pouch, an extra pair or silicon buds (larger) and a cable clip
. The price is affordable 59,99$

The claim of Yurbuds is “Developed by athletes for athletes“, I’m an urban athlete so it will work for me!

imageBut what about the sound ? I asked to an expert MrT working in the music business for many years now and he tested the Yurbuds vs the iPhone headphones provided by Apple. For him, the Yurbuds sound quality  is very close to the Beats ones, with much presence and lots of bass. Works for me!

More info
. Visit Yurbuds official website
. Follow @yurbuds

21 Responses to “Your ears, Yurbuds!”

1. andy1076 October 14, 2013 at 2:57 PM #

Oof, I once bought monster turbines to work out with, Loved them but the cords simply don’t last. I exchanged 4 times before I gave up sigh 😦

• chaseitorbchased October 14, 2013 at 3:00 PM #

Got the big headphones (white one, The Beats by Dre) and my cord is also broken, luckily they provides a second spare one in the box … I hope it will last a bit … This one I use when I take the plane and watch my tv shows

• andy1076 October 14, 2013 at 3:03 PM #

I really like those but I like to listen to my music when I run soooo..mmmm! i wonder if they’d stay on my ears during a workout 🙂

• chaseitorbchased October 14, 2013 at 3:05 PM #

They definitively will! I tested it! They are comfortable to wear too, I wear them the all day long.

• andy1076 October 14, 2013 at 3:06 PM #

Alritey! time for me to go shopping! cheers! 😀

• chaseitorbchased October 14, 2013 at 3:07 PM #

Give it a try, I’m sure you will love it!

• andy1076 October 14, 2013 at 3:56 PM #

Long as I can block out the noise, I know I’ll love it 🙂

• chaseitorbchased October 14, 2013 at 3:58 PM #

The Yurbuds don’t block the noise, they will fit your ears, they won’t fall out but you’ll hear the cars coming around you (better for your safety)

2. El Guapo October 14, 2013 at 3:12 PM #

$60 seems a bit high for a pair of headphones.
    How long do they last before the wire separates from the jack?

• chaseitorbchased October 14, 2013 at 3:16 PM #

The Beats by Dre broke after a year. The Yurbuds are still fresh from the box (I bought them last week) but they look stronger so we’ll see. The headset and wire and buds look like they can last long. Anyway, I’m and heavy user so if something is wrong, I will see it fast.

3. vastlycurious.com October 15, 2013 at 5:11 AM #

Bose sports all the way! Worth every penny, plus a one year warranty on ANYTHING.

4. pattisj October 31, 2013 at 12:41 AM #

I may have to look into these. The originals aren’t comfortable or don’t seem to want to stay in. I’m glad you check out all this stuff and share your findings!

• chaseitorbchased October 31, 2013 at 8:38 AM #

If any issues with the buds, take a picture of your ear and the bud in and contact Yurbuds, they will help you.

• pattisj October 31, 2013 at 2:24 PM #

Now that’s customer service!

• chaseitorbchased October 31, 2013 at 7:21 PM #

Yes. They are really good on this.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. A new Era in my ear | Chase It Or B Chased - April 22, 2014

[…] I received with my iPhone 5S, then I switched for the waterproof/sport/never fall off the ear from Yurbuds (that I use when I do my gym) and now I just switched to the brand NEW Era by […]

2. The return of the ManPack! | Chase It Or B Chased - April 28, 2014

[…] you’ll have recognize the S-Biner by Niteize, the Sherpa 50 by GoalZero, the PolarBottle, the Yurbuds earphones, the Grid-it by Cocoon, the NewEra Bluetooth earpiece by Jawbone, the Fisher Spacepen, […]

3. Battle in my ears ! | Chase It Or B Chased - February 16, 2015

[…] notes, … while in conversation … That’s why I always use earphones. I have the Yurbuds ($69) when I workout at the gym. They are waterproof and won’t fall during the effort thanks […]