Smart folding

2 Apr

Photo 25-03-13 3 42 43 PMPlastic bags are bad for your environment, so I switched to re-usable bags. When I buy them, they are always nicely folded but after a while, they just look like a bowl of textile 😦
I received in December a nice bag from Thaïland and I love it.
Why ?
First because it’s coming from so far away.
Because the folding is smart and I can redo-it so my bag looks good
and also because the fabric is made with the same cotton they use to make Sarong.
Let’s me share the secret of a nice folding

Photo 26-03-13 12 12 29 PM Photo 26-03-13 12 14 39 PM Photo 26-03-13 12 15 34 PM

This folding can be adapted to your bags. Have fun folding and if you really like it check my furoshiki article.
For your info, in Thai they call Pa Kao Mah for sarong for men and Pa Toong for Women.
Photo 25-03-13 3 46 03 PM

13 Responses to “Smart folding”

1. Shantay Alicia April 2, 2013 at 7:00 PM #

Cute!

2. mixedupmeme April 3, 2013 at 12:46 AM #

It makes so much sense!

• chaseitorbchased April 3, 2013 at 10:40 AM #

Yes, plain and simple. Everybody can do it. Just need to think about it

3. Forestwoodfolkart April 3, 2013 at 3:11 AM #

I guess, as another option, you could roll it up at the last step and attach a loop to hold the roll together, or perhaps loop over with one of the handles. Either way, it is a great way to keep the bag looking nice when not in use. I love recyclable bags, and you have inspired me to make some more. Thanks for posting.

4. museconfuse April 3, 2013 at 1:32 PM #

cute bag! My shopping bags, I got from Daiso (like a 2 dollar store from Japan) and they fold up so easily with built in buttons to hold it in a small pouch. I love it.

5. Anonymous April 4, 2013 at 5:02 PM #

Yes, I have “a bowl of textile.” Learning how to fold them will be a satisfying project. 🙂

6. Forestwoodfolkart April 23, 2013 at 1:38 AM #

You can see some of my recycled bags here. If you scroll down, you will see the one that is similar to this, only I have a loop around the top that keeps it all together.

Keep up the great work,