Soft reset of your iPhone

26 Mar

Your iPhone is behaving weirdly, apps non responding, phone slow … Basically you want to throw it away ? Before dumping your phone, did you try to “soft reset” your iPhone ? No ? Try it and it might help you.
Be aware that the soft reset doesn’t delete any content, it will just clear your iPhone memory and restart from a clean slate.
20130326-104800.jpgYou need 2 fingers to soft reset your phone: 1 on the home button and 1 on the sleep button and you keep pushing both until you see a black screen … Keep pushing until you see the apple on the black background … Now you can rest your fingers. You just soft-reset your iPhone.
At the appleStore, they told me to do it at least once a week.

PS: it works for the iPad too 😉

10 Responses to “Soft reset of your iPhone”

1. museconfuse March 26, 2013 at 11:30 AM #

I know it but I know a few folks that didn’t so thanks for sharing. 🙂

2. Kelly - RealFoodinaRealWorld March 26, 2013 at 12:29 PM #

Thank you! A friend gave me a first gen iPad that has been acting really strange lately, I will try this today

• chaseitorbchased March 26, 2013 at 12:37 PM #

Do it, nothing can go wrong there.

• Kelly - RealFoodinaRealWorld March 28, 2013 at 2:42 PM #

So I did it, and I have a happy iPad again! Thanks for the tip! I have an iPhone and an iPad, but not terribly technology savvy. Your blog is perfect for me!

• chaseitorbchased March 28, 2013 at 2:54 PM #

Great to hear, enjoy your iPad.

3. Cowboys and Crossbones April 3, 2013 at 11:31 PM #

I needed this tip so badly! And now I’m so happy! 🙂

• chaseitorbchased April 4, 2013 at 9:59 AM #

Good I was just on time then. If you have any questions, shoot

4. lovemyarts April 5, 2013 at 1:01 PM #

Thank you for looking through my blog and following it! 🙂 Which meant I had to look at yours, and realised I need to keep myself updated with technology, hence I am adding you to my blogroll with pleasure!