The only way is UP !

21 Nov

“The only way is UP baby” sang Yazz back in the 80s (check it out on iTunes), now it’s Jawbone’s turn to sing it with the release of its brand new toy called “UP“.
The UP is a bracelet that you can wear 24/7. It’s autonomy goes up to 10 days when fully charged (fully charged in 80 minutes).
It then upload all your activities on iPhone or iPad through its jack plug:

• Working in your cubicle
  • Running at the park
  • Grabing lunch at Dean and DeLuca
  • Watching “Property virgins” with Sandra Rinomato on HGTV while eating crisps
  • Sleeping on your Tempur bed
  • Playing Spin Tennis at the wii

It will track down everything you do and tip off you eDevice and crunch the data to draw your profile.
Aim of the game to improve your life by doing excercise, eating healthier, oversleeping on Sunday … getting you conscious about your pattern and bad habits.
So when it was released on the 2nd week of November, I had to buy one and test it (so far, it’s available in the US and Canada at Best Buys, Apple Store … Coming soon in Europe). The bracelet’s price is $99.
First, what color was i supposed to choose ? Black, silver, 2 kinds of reds, blue, dark brown and bright white. I kept it low profile and bought a black one.
I’ve been testing it for a few days and it’s fun.

What is the UP tracking 24/7 ?

• Turn it on day mode when you wake up by pushing the silver button and it starts tracking your physical activities.
  • Take a picture of what you eat and add it to your daily activities. It won’t count the calories (too bad, maybe it’s for the next app update), but will ask you how you feel 1 hour after you ate (hungry, full …).
  • When you exercices,  press-press and hold the silver button and the tracking will start.
  • Then when you’ll finally go to bed, turn it back to sleep mode and while you’re sleeping like a baby, the “Up” won’t be sleeping but monitoring your sleep and wake up period.

Upload then the content of the Up whenever you want by connecting the end of the bracelet into the jack plug of the iPhone or iPad, then you’ll see the graph of your day.

• The 1st tracks my daily activities. How many steps, miles or km and calories done or burnt.
  • The 2nd graph shows the food you ate and when you ate it (just take a picture before eating and put it in the iPhone right away)
  • The 3rd graph reports my sleep with a split between light/deep sleep and awaken period.

The Up is also a communitarian device. You can create teams and participate to challenges “eat 1 veggie and 1 fruit every meal during 14 days”, “drink 8 glasses of water every day” … I’m not yet into challenges, but who knows maybe i’ll be later?

ChaseIt or BChased ?
ChaseIt because it makes you conscious about your way of life: exercising/eating and sleeping habits. It’s also fun too!
The price is a little hight ($99) but it’s a sweet toy for grown ups.

More infos on
Jawbone Up page
Follow @iheartup, the Up community on Twitter
Dean and DeLuca
Property virgins” with Sandra Rinomato
Tempur beds

8 Responses to “The only way is UP !”

1. Kyuran (@kyuran) August 30, 2012 at 6:53 PM #

I’m waiting for it. Available in Belgium via the Nike UK store.

• Ehrik February 26, 2013 at 11:58 PM #

I was so disappointed to learn that Sandra Rinomato would not be on the Property Virgins’ show anymroe. She is so entertaining, cheerful..always seems to be smiling, and very informative about real estate. I’ve learned a lot from her shows. I will look forward to her new show Buy Herself coming to US television in the fall, but for now will continue to enjoy watching her Property Virgins’ reruns.

2. Chen November 27, 2012 at 5:31 AM #

I was shocked to hear that soonmee else, other than Sandra Rinomato, would be doing Property Virgins. I love Sandra! She is so friendly and really cares about the clients she is helping. It is refreshing to see a salesperson who is out to help her clients instead of looking for the commission she would get. I will miss her terribly and don’t care about watching the show anymore unless it is reruns with Sandra. I don’t care to be on Facebook or Twitter, is there any other way to be in contact with her? Does she have a Fan Club?

• chaseitorbchased November 27, 2012 at 11:14 PM #

I was disappointed at 1st too when the show was hosted by Egypt. Give Egypt a chance ! Sandra has been working on a new show call “Buy herself”, so more Sandra to come!

• Biku February 27, 2013 at 1:29 AM #

CoreySo I read this a few weeks ago (or whenever you potesd it). And yesterday I found myself watching Property Virgins. Then it’s on again today, and I just thought, wow this is a Canadian Real Estate Agent on TV, where I have heard this before? And then I remembered you talking about it! It’s weird how I randomly found that show even after I read your blog about it.

• chaseitorbchased February 27, 2013 at 3:25 AM #

I miss Sandra too. It was a great show when she hosted it.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. FuelMe Up ? « Chase It Or B Chased - August 29, 2012

[…] the Up from Jawbone was released back then in November 2011, I jumped on it to try it out. I looovved it! It was great […]

2. Fuel me up … SE! | Chase It Or B Chased - February 24, 2014

[…] sleep sessions are not as detailed as the Jawbone Up but we are getting there […]