I never ate granola before January 2015 when I discovered 1111granola in melbourne. It was so good that my stock lasted less than a month. Then I started to hunt granola in Parisian supermarkets but never found the right one (in France, we have mostly muesli not granola and it’s not the same). So I bought it abroad while traveling.
My colleague, who studied at UCLA, told me it was super easy to cook and dared me to try …
I’m good at eating but not really at cooking … so I gave it a try!
The last granola I ate was peanut butter and nuts so let’s go for homemade peanut butter and nuts ganola.
I found a super easy recipe and try to gather the ingredients.
Here’s the list:
- Peanut butter, 1/2 cup
- Maple syrup, 1/2 cup
- Oatmeal, 4 cups
- Cinnamon powder, 2 tiny pinches
- Mix of nuts, 3 handfuls
- Raisins, whatever you want
And the instructions are easy to follow (even for me),
- Mix the peanut butter and maple syrup and put it for 30 seconds in the microwave
- Stir and make a beautiful paste
- Pour the oatmeal and stir to make it homogeneous
- Put the cinnamon powder in and stir
- Put the nuts in and stir
… Basically if you can stir, you will make it!
DON’T put the raisins in, don’t or they will dry, get black and basically melt and burned … and we don’t want that … I did during my first attempt so I prefer to share the info before you try it too …
- Preheat the oven to 210C/410F
- Spread the mix on waxed paper … I don’t have any so I put it in my silicone baking pan in the shape of a star …
- Then when the oven is ready, turn down the heat to 180C/156F and let it cook for 12 minutes.
And here it is! I have a full week stock of granola read to dive in my chia pudding every morning !!
If I can do it, so can you!