When it comes to protect your beloved mobile phone, you face lots of options. Silicone vs hard case, full cover vs bumper or even no protection (greedy you;-) … in short, you are swamped with choices.
I went for Otterbox (great little Colorado-based company).
They combine silicone and hard case in a trully strong protection against daily bumps and fall, also, they go from flashy and trendy colours to regular black for the busy businesswomen or men among us.
On top of it, the guys at Otterbox created 4 different types of protections to fit best your lifestyle:
- the Defender, for hyper-clumpsy readers of you who keep dropping their phone
- the Reflex, inspired by the crumple zone of car
- the Commuter, a slim mix of silicone surrounded by a polycarbonate shell
- and the Impact series, a simple one piece silicone shield
The price range for an iPhone4 or Blackberry Bold Otterbox protection goes from 19,95$ from the Impact series to 49,95$ for the Defender.
When you have identified your “level of protection needed”, here comes the delicated question of style: what colour should I choose ? I picked the “Commuter Series” for my Blackeberry (pink and white) as well as for my iPhone (green and white), because I like the idea of the combination of hard and soft all in one protection.
ChaseIt or BeChased ?
- It’s a great protection that does the job with style
- The mix of color helps me not to lose my phone whenever I leave it on the couch or a counter
- I can stick my QRcode inside the polycarbonate shell, who doesn’t ?
- A special edition (pink and white) is available and it helps fighting breast cancer (10% of the sales goes to Avon Breast Cancer Crusade). Now, you have an excuse to buy it, you are helping!
- The plugs (for the wire earphones and the spot to charge your phone) protect my phone from dirt, sand (cool when you go to the beach), …
- Otterbox protects Blackberries, iPhones,LG, HTC, Nokia and Samsung phones
The downside of it is the price that is higher than a regular protection, but it’s not a regular protection and our pricey phone we have in our hands most of the day deserve a little bit of attention. And think about the price to replace the screen when it’s broken …
More infos on